Welcome to the first episode of cooking with Myra, where Myra takes you on her journey of discovering new, fun, healthy and delicious recipes!
Todays recipe will give your Home edition New Years Eve that extra delicious edge, to leave 2020 behind with a warm feeling:
Beer & cardamom apple fritters from Jamie Oliver!
8 cardamom pods
250 g plain flour
30 g cornflour
½ heaped teaspoon baking powder
6 heaped tablespoons caster sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 medium free-range egg yolks
330 ml can of chilled lager
3 large Royal Gala apples, (about 500g)
1.5 litres vegetable oil , for frying
1. Crush the cardamom pods, pull out the seeds
2. Finely grind in a pestle and mortar (if that doesn’t work, use a coffee grinder!)
3. Mix the flour in a bowl with the cornflour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon of caster sugar, 1 big pinch of sea salt, half the cardamom and half the ground cinnamon.
4. Add the egg yolks and whisk, pouring in the lager as you go, until you have a smooth, thick batter; cover and set aside to rest.
5. Peel and core the apples, before cutting them into ½-centimetre thick slices, then set aside in a bowl of water until needed.
6. Mix the remaining 5 tablespoons of caster sugar with the rest of the cardamom and cinnamon, and 1 pinch of salt.
7.Heat the oil in a wide, deep, heavy-based pan (no more than half full), to 190ºC/375ºF (use a thermometer, or drop in a piece of bread: it should turn golden in about 35 seconds), or use a deep-fat fryer.
8. Dunk the apple slices in the batter and fry, in batches, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until crisp and a rich brown colour, turning regularly.
9. Drain on a rack with kitchen paper underneath to catch the drips.
We made it possible to start a chat directly on Whatsapp with one of our trainers. This should work on most devices. If the button doesn't work, please text us on : +31(0)6 - 28 46 72 43 . We'll respond ASAP. Thanks!
Lets be honest, CrossFit can seem a little bit intimidating at first. But don’t let that stop you from trying it! You will find that we are actually really nice people who like having fun while working out.